Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pattern Review - Kwik Sew 2257

After a long hiatus, I'm back!  I'm not sure if this is a permanent return to blogging or if I'll drop off the face of the internet once more.

I made these (photo pending) for my fiance, which he loves quite a bit.  He says they're very comfy.

I used a Texas A&M licensed cotton quilting fabric (I believe it was around $9.95/yard), and probably bought 2 1/2 or 3 yards.   Elastic was probably $3 at JoAnn, as well as a big spool of matching thread.  So even though it wasn't the cheapest gift to make, it probably was a lot cheaper than pajama pants from the Texas A&M bookstore!

I took off about 2 inches on the waistline and 3 inches on the bottom.   He didn't want a fly, so I folded the fly part of the pattern over when I cut it out.

I'm not sure the elastic installation was the easiest, but it does look nice and it won't twist in the washer, both good things.

I'll definitely make these again for him; hopefully they turn out even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment