Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Vogue 8382 Completed!

Well, almost completed.  The photos are pre-hem, and I also need to finish up some things on the inside (end of zipper, raw edges on pleats).
 I think it fits great, although when I make this pattern up next time I will take a little bit out of the center back.  When I made the swayback alteration it looks like there's a third pleat in there.  It also looks like I don't need to add back the entire 3 inches on the bottom that I took out at the waist.

The pieces on this fit really well together, even with my alterations.  I also don't think the slit in front is too low, although we'll see what the boyfriend has to say about it when he gets back.

I was really happy with the invisible zipper job that I did on this; the bodice/skirt seams line up perfectly!  While a few of my other seams don't line up as well, I'm really proud of the invisible zipper I did on this dress.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty dress! That fabric is really fun and it looks like you have got a great fit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) The fabric is still available on the Gorgeous Fabrics site!

    ReplyDelete