Friday, November 5, 2010

Hello World!

I guess everything has to start somewhere.  I've really enjoyed reading others' blogs and picking up little sewing tips and tricks from them.  So even though keeping track of my little projects is mostly for me, I also hope to impart some knowledge on the rest of the world (and perhaps some kind sewing goddess can impart her knowledge on me!).

I've been frustrated with the lack of nice-fitting clothes, or just even nice-looking clothes you can find in stores.  I've also been frustrated with the lack of nice-looking material at places like JoAnn's.  Yes, you can make a lovely dress, but everyone knows JoAnn's fabric when they see it.  So I'm looking to make clothes that are as nice as those found in a store, but actually fit well and are in nice styles.  Or at least styles that suit me.  I want to wear something out and have people ask me where I got it because it looks so awesome.

If I had my way, I'd find a way where I could build the perfect, classic/classy wardrobe, piece by piece.  Since I'm both time and money challenged, I guess I have to display some adaptability.

My measurements call for a size 16 in the Big 3/4, but I've done some experimenting and have gotten away with using size 14 because of the immense amount of ease built-into those patterns.  I'm going to start experimenting with using smaller sizes in the back as well, since I've decided I have a narrow back.

Other common alterations I make are a short torso adjustment above the bust (between 1/2" and 3/4"), and a 3" swayback adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment